Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer –WLANJob description: Responsibilities are to design/develop/test embedded system platform, data-path and protocol-related modules, and participate in all the phases in the development cycle from requirement analysis, design, coding, and integration testing for WiFi-based network devices and system. Tasks include development of embedded Linux kernel modules and network data-path drivers and control-path applications.Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in EE/CS and 2-5 years of experience in the area of platform software development.
2. Strong "C" and embedded programming and extremely strong debugging skills (using gdb, kdbg etc.)
3. Good knowledge of basic OS features like multi-threading, synchronization and memory management on Linux or Linux-like OSes.
4. Good knowledge of computer architecture and must have developed data path and control path software for enterprise/telecom networking products
5. Good experience in developing embedded kernel-level datapath features in Linux kernel network drivers like Ethernet and Wi-fi, and Linux kernel network stack. Linux SMP experience is highly preferred
6. Strong knowledge of L2 and L3 (switching and routing) fundamentals (Ethernet, IP, ARP, TCP/IP)
Highly preferred skills (any one of the following):
7. Wi-Fi (802.11) radio driver design & development, preferably based on MadWifi. MIMO experience is a big plus.
8. Experience in developing Wi-Fi protocol features (e.g. 802.11 a/b/g/n, 802.1x and 802.11i protocols, wpa_supplicant, host_apd) on Wireless Access Points and WLAN Controller products (using CAPWAP/LWAPP or similar protocols)
9. Development experience in Routing Protocols with knowledge of protocol internals – OSPF, RIP, BGP, 802.11s
10. Bootloader/BSP/Diagnostics development for Cavium 5xxx/Atheros 9xxx/MIPS boardsThanks & Regards,
Roland & Associates - Leaders in Social Media Recruitment.
Tel: 91-80-4282-1629 ,
Internet: www.roljobs.com ; www.roljobs.net ;